Use this concise (AI generated) template to grab a journalist's attention regarding a community campaign, event, or local issue.
Subject: STORY IDEA: [Punchy Headline of what is happening]
Dear [Journalist Name, or "Newsdesk Team"],
I hope this finds you well. I follow your coverage of [Topic/Region] and believe your readers would be highly interested in a situation unfolding right now in [Local Town/Area].
[Provide a 2-3 sentence overview of the news hook. E.g., "A group of 50 local parents are staging a peaceful protest this Friday to save the historic Oakfield playground from commercial redevelopment. The site has served families since 1950, and the decision was made without public consultation."]
I have community members, local experts, and high-resolution images ready for interviews and features.
Are you available for a brief call today to discuss how we can share this story?
Best regards,
[Your Name]
[Your Organization/Campaign Name, if applicable]
[Your Phone Number]
[Link to a webpage or social page with more details]
[Your Organization/Campaign Name, if applicable]
[Your Phone Number]
[Link to a webpage or social page with more details]