12 Jul 2026

Local Government: Complaint About Poor Service

Use this AI generated template to hold your local authority accountable for service failures like missed bin collections, unaddressed potholes, or poor community care.

Subject: Formal Complaint: Persistent Failure regarding [Issue Name] – [Your Postcode]

Dear Complaints Review Officer,
I am writing to log a formal complaint regarding the standard of service provided by [Council Name] concerning [Specific Issue, e.g., unmaintained public footpaths / missed refuse collections].
Despite previous notifications sent on [Date of past reports/emails], the issue remains unresolved. Specifically, [describe the impact, e.g., the missed collections for three consecutive weeks are causing a sanitation hazard on our street].
As a local resident and taxpayer, I expect the council to meet its statutory obligations. Please provide a clear timeline for when this issue will be permanently rectified and outline the steps being taken to prevent future service lapses.
I look forward to your prompt response within the council’s standard response window.
Yours faithfully,
[Your Name]
[Your Full Address]
[Reference Number from previous reports, if applicable]